“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Knox County Recycling and Solid Waste Management District is dedicated to protecting the environment and providing Knox County residents with valuable information about recycling and waste reduction.
KCSWMD offers FREE in-school Environmental Educational Programs and focuses on adult outreach to inform residents about waste reduction, reuse, recycling and proper disposal. These programs promote environmental stewardship to promote a healthy environment.
We provide a depot for household hazardous waste, electronic waste, expired medications /sharps and is working to improve Knox County’s quality of life by combating illegal roadside dumping
Knox County Recycling SWMD
Job Title: Recycling Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Nature and Purpose of Position
Knox County Recycling and Solid Waste Management District is dedicated to protecting the environment and providing Knox County residents with valuable information about recycling and waste reduction. The Recycling Assistant’s role is to assist the District in their recycling efforts by transporting recyclable materials to the designated recycling center.
Qualifications and Skills
- Warm personality with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Responsible and Dependable
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License
- Experience driving and operating a truck and trailer
- Must able to lift 80lbs
- Must pass drug screening
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a route/schedule to deliver and empty recycling trailers from SWMD Drop off sites throughout the county (Monroe City, Decker, Sandborn, Monroe City)
- Empty Trailers either at Republic Services Transfer Station or Bicknell Recycling Center.
- Establish a schedule Cardboard from Schools, Knox County Jail, and other locations as needed.
- Promote and maintain positive community relations as represented by the District
- Maintain SWMD Truck and Trailers and report any maintenance issues immediately
- Attend SWMD trainings as needed
- Other Duties as assigned